managersim.net
Home - Games
Team has decided to drop negotiations / General Talks / Managersim - The Hardest Retro Football Manager Game ONLINE

Managersim - The Hardest Retro Football Manager Game ONLINE

ManagerSim is a football (soccer in some parts of the world) management simulation game. As a football club manager, you buy and sell players, set up tactics, handle the economy and much, much more. The really unique part of ManagerSim is that you play against hundreds of other human managers in the same Game World.

Each Game World is a simulation of the European football scene. Up to 50 European countries are represented - some Game Worlds have more countries than others do. At the moment, about 900 teams and 39000 players exist in the smaller GameWorlds. Apart from divisional matches and national cups, Champions League, UEFA Cup, even Toto Cup (known as "Inter-Toto Cup") matches are played; in addition, you can schedule friendly matches with other teams. National team management is not possible, but international games are played and players called up to national team.

ManagerSim is an online web-based game, played through your browser; no software is needed. In fact, you can play it from any* computer, so long as it is connected to the Internet.

During your online session, you can make alterations to your team, send messages to other managers, apply for jobs etc. You then wait for the game tick, after which you can see the effect of your decisions. Some actions will happen between game tick, such as incoming messages from other managers and occasionally from your own players or staff at the club where you manage.

Success is measured subjectively. Clearly, winning national and European championships and cups is one measure. Others include rising in the manager rankings, improving the status of a poor teams and / or achieving success in weaker countries.

Since changes made to the game a few years back, failure is usually a case of achieving relegation / mediocrity, although if you don't handle your economy sensibly, bankruptcy will usually end in the sack which is, by most people's standards, a fair measure of failure.

* Beware using a computer with the same I.P. address as another manager. This may include other people using the same computer network as you at school, university, library, internet cafe etc. You may end up being accused of cheating. See the rules.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

ALL digital magazines are available for FREE!! Enjoy it.

#1 2016-05-15 14:01:09

Fritz Delangelo

Team has decided to drop negotiations

I have a second account on Serbia where I'm playing only serbian players. Team is Hadjuk Kula.
This is the second time I get this message when I'm trying to buy a transfer listed player by a CPU team.
First one was with a serbian team so I thought it made sense the team was not interested to sell to someone on the same league.
Now I'm trying to buy Zeljko Peterca who plays in Belgium and Beveren keep on dropping it.
What's the issue?

Another thing that happened was this player Amanovic. I tried to buy him several times and the team wouldn't sell. Some time later he was free transfered. Wasn't it better for the team to sell?

#2 2016-05-16 15:33:22

Fritz Delangelo

Re: Team has decided to drop negotiations

Same thing with Niko Djapic.
"We have been informed that Cukaricki has decided to drop the negotiations."

#3 2016-05-16 15:51:08

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

Hehe you dropped my bid so if human managers can, so can cpu teams too I guess? :)

Seriously though, don't see the problem here??
With Bari you have:
Mar 06 2010, Acquires Daniel Badeau from FC Jazz.
Mar 04 2010, Acquires Néstor Ghiggia from Sporting.
Mar 02 2010, Acquires Evert Martin from West Ham.
Mar 02 2010, Acquires Bonaventure Kalou on a free transfer.
Mar 02 2010, Acquires Hans van der Woude from Sunderland.
Mar 02 2010, Acquires Ralf Kallisch from HIK.
Mar 02 2010, Acquires Alexey Korbut from Porto.

With Hajduk, you joined 2009, March 17th and have since then signed:
March 2009 : 16 players in
April 2009 : 3 in, 1 out
May 2009: 1 in
June 2009: 9 in
Aug 2009: 2 in
Sept 2009: 2 in
Oct 2009: 1 in
Nov 2009: 6 in
Dec 2009: 3 in 2 out
Jan 2010: 7 in
Feb 2010: 5 in 3 out

So in almost a year you have traded: 55 players in, 6 players out.
I say you have no problems attracting players.

What is the problem here again?

.dreamdealer

#4 2016-05-16 20:59:14

Fritz Delangelo

I just don't understand why a team put a player on transfer list if he's going to drop all bids.
Zeljko Peterca has bids every time and they are all dropped. There were 3 teams bidding on him last tick and now there's none. Why is he transfer listed then?
I don't think the problem here is that I'm buying a lot. It's not occurring only to me.

#5 2016-05-17 05:56:56

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

Because this is an intelligent game.

1. Club wants to get rid of the player.
2. Player is contracted to the club until a certain date.
3. Player has the last saying if he will stay or he will go.

No mystery here...

.dreamdealer

#6 2016-05-17 11:59:15

Fritz Delangelo

If the player is not interested in leaving then the message should be "Player has no interest in playing for you", no?
That's what I thought until now.

#7 2016-05-17 14:08:50

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

CPU teams are willing to sell their players only if you give them a lot of money, after that it's the choice of the player really, nothing more into it.

.dreamdealer

#8 2016-05-19 21:46:45

Igor Kostovski

Personally I think there are some issues with transfers.
Teams with 48 plus players still able to buy players, this is crazy .
Look at Inter for example....
No message from board  "we have to many players"?
Isn't there a cap or something?
Would be damn nice to sell players first and then buy if you reach certain ammount players in squad.
I qualify this as bad management and defiantly a broken transfer system.
What about morale, unhappy players and match performance  etc etc
And yet they play CL final?

Other teams get rejected when  trying to buy players from cpu , even if tthe cpu have enough players in squad.
While managers try to sell players, they get a  msg from board "we have to little players in squad"

#9 2016-05-20 05:47:46

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

Yes, I agree that we need to improve that part of the game. Those improvements and changes need to be made vary careful though. We don't want to end up with making a change where manager logs in and has zero chance to remedy any situation he has gotten himself into and get fired. There is a bunch of areas to address really.

.dreamdealer

Board footer