managersim.net
Home - Games
Injury crisis / General Talks / Managersim - The Hardest Retro Football Manager Game ONLINE

Managersim - The Hardest Retro Football Manager Game ONLINE

ManagerSim is a football (soccer in some parts of the world) management simulation game. As a football club manager, you buy and sell players, set up tactics, handle the economy and much, much more. The really unique part of ManagerSim is that you play against hundreds of other human managers in the same Game World.

Each Game World is a simulation of the European football scene. Up to 50 European countries are represented - some Game Worlds have more countries than others do. At the moment, about 900 teams and 39000 players exist in the smaller GameWorlds. Apart from divisional matches and national cups, Champions League, UEFA Cup, even Toto Cup (known as "Inter-Toto Cup") matches are played; in addition, you can schedule friendly matches with other teams. National team management is not possible, but international games are played and players called up to national team.

ManagerSim is an online web-based game, played through your browser; no software is needed. In fact, you can play it from any* computer, so long as it is connected to the Internet.

During your online session, you can make alterations to your team, send messages to other managers, apply for jobs etc. You then wait for the game tick, after which you can see the effect of your decisions. Some actions will happen between game tick, such as incoming messages from other managers and occasionally from your own players or staff at the club where you manage.

Success is measured subjectively. Clearly, winning national and European championships and cups is one measure. Others include rising in the manager rankings, improving the status of a poor teams and / or achieving success in weaker countries.

Since changes made to the game a few years back, failure is usually a case of achieving relegation / mediocrity, although if you don't handle your economy sensibly, bankruptcy will usually end in the sack which is, by most people's standards, a fair measure of failure.

* Beware using a computer with the same I.P. address as another manager. This may include other people using the same computer network as you at school, university, library, internet cafe etc. You may end up being accused of cheating. See the rules.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

ALL digital magazines are available for FREE!! Enjoy it.

#1 2016-05-02 11:53:55

Rodrigo Canosa

Injury crisis

I never faced an injury crisis like the one I'm having now. And I'm not doing anything different, so can't figure out what is wrong. Things happen independent of age or training and doesn't matter if the guy plays for my team for ages or got here recently. Also, stamina is almost never below 90s and and try to maitain my guys at least in 95, so they're not tired.

I know sometimes it's just bad luck but it's happening since the pre-season and I'm getting tired of it. Anyone has a advice to deal of it or a hint of what may be happening?

#2 2016-05-04 13:06:22

Pedro Pereira

Re: Injury crisis

Rodrigo, in my opinion is 90% bad luck because if the stamina is high then it's mostly random. probably playing most of the games can settle the injury more easily (i have more injuries in the end of the season) but it is not directly related because a player can be used in 90% of the games and will never be injured. Old guys tend to get more injuries (at least in my case)...

Did not helped much but that is my feedback and experience on this issue...

Pedro

Rodrigo Canosa wrote:

I never faced an injury crisis like the one I'm having now. And I'm not doing anything different, so can't figure out what is wrong. Things happen independent of age or training and doesn't matter if the guy plays for my team for ages or got here recently. Also, stamina is almost never below 90s and and try to maitain my guys at least in 95, so they're not tired.

I know sometimes it's just bad luck but it's happening since the pre-season and I'm getting tired of it. Anyone has a advice to deal of it or a hint of what may be happening?

#3 2016-05-04 16:05:46

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

The more training sessions players are involved in , the higher risk of getting them injured too.
If you train a player in general, fitness, tackling/shooting and match preparation, it's too high risk already and should some of those be more intensive than low intensity, you are asking for trouble.

.dreamdealer

#4 2016-05-04 20:06:32

Rodrigo Canosa

Pedro, thanks for the feedback. Bad luck seems to be the best explanation, but it seems like an endless bad luck! :-) Since I posted here, I lost two other players in the same game and for 13 and 14 weeks.  It's really annoying, specially because some guys are losing a lot of stats quickly and they just don't recover that fast when they return.

Bk,
I thought about all these things but my guys usually are in just one session. Besides, I had players injured when they weren't training or playing.
Maybe -and it's the only explanation - the preseason was too intense and I ruined all the players for the rest of the season. I played Toto till the end and some players maybe trained and played more than they should've. However, it still doesn't explain the injuries of players that arrived in my team after the preseason.
Let's see if things get better. In the last two game weeks I didn't loose anyone and the injured guys are coming back (and they're returning slowly to training and playing).

#5 2016-05-05 10:07:20

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

I think you are giving the game too much credit on the logic part, as what you write makes sense and it would actually be really good feature to have players breaking down after having a too intense pre-season game schedule. We don't have that yet.

I haven't had much injury crisis myself for a long time but I do log on very frequently and adjust training to always rest players with stamina less than 94-95. Even then I can have 2-3 guys injured. That's why team management with squad rotation becomes an important part of the season strategy to perform as well as possible.

.dreamdealer

Board footer