managersim.net
Home - Games
Feedback on latest release, 2016-03-31 / General Talks / Managersim - The Hardest Retro Football Manager Game ONLINE

Managersim - The Hardest Retro Football Manager Game ONLINE

ManagerSim is a football (soccer in some parts of the world) management simulation game. As a football club manager, you buy and sell players, set up tactics, handle the economy and much, much more. The really unique part of ManagerSim is that you play against hundreds of other human managers in the same Game World.

Each Game World is a simulation of the European football scene. Up to 50 European countries are represented - some Game Worlds have more countries than others do. At the moment, about 900 teams and 39000 players exist in the smaller GameWorlds. Apart from divisional matches and national cups, Champions League, UEFA Cup, even Toto Cup (known as "Inter-Toto Cup") matches are played; in addition, you can schedule friendly matches with other teams. National team management is not possible, but international games are played and players called up to national team.

ManagerSim is an online web-based game, played through your browser; no software is needed. In fact, you can play it from any* computer, so long as it is connected to the Internet.

During your online session, you can make alterations to your team, send messages to other managers, apply for jobs etc. You then wait for the game tick, after which you can see the effect of your decisions. Some actions will happen between game tick, such as incoming messages from other managers and occasionally from your own players or staff at the club where you manage.

Success is measured subjectively. Clearly, winning national and European championships and cups is one measure. Others include rising in the manager rankings, improving the status of a poor teams and / or achieving success in weaker countries.

Since changes made to the game a few years back, failure is usually a case of achieving relegation / mediocrity, although if you don't handle your economy sensibly, bankruptcy will usually end in the sack which is, by most people's standards, a fair measure of failure.

* Beware using a computer with the same I.P. address as another manager. This may include other people using the same computer network as you at school, university, library, internet cafe etc. You may end up being accused of cheating. See the rules.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

ALL digital magazines are available for FREE!! Enjoy it.

#1 2016-03-31 21:48:13

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

Feedback on latest release, 2016-03-31

Let's keep it tidy.

.dreamdealer

#2 2016-04-01 10:00:53

Igor Kostovski

Re: Feedback on latest release, 2016-03-31

Players with red card are not shown at  squad selectionary screen
You can field them without knowing  they can't play upcoming match due red card.
The red card does show athe  player abilities screen tho.

Update,.
Now I can see red card players at the squad selection screen..
Did you fix it or was  I blind lol

Last edited by Igor Kostovski (2016-04-01 11:09:12)

Liked by:

#3 2016-04-01 14:45:18

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

I did a quick update, mate.

.dreamdealer

Liked by:

#4 2016-04-02 21:28:33

Fritz Delangelo

Two things.

1) About the forum.
I can't understand why you must have a differente login for the forum. Wouldn't it be easier with one login only?

2) About the coaches report.
First tick it was avaliable, I asked the coaches report on 2 players. Until now I had no reply.
Then on 2009-01-15 game date, I asked about a third player and I got the report this tick.
Is it good?

#5 2016-04-02 22:05:26

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

1) game requires login, forum only if you want to post.. it's two step thing, in order to have forum login, you have to use your manager login, so bots won't populate the forum userlist.. it is easier to work with basically..

2) Coaches rapport will take random number of days to compile.

.dreamdealer

#6 2016-04-03 06:49:50

Christopher Harrison

Did something happen to players stamina (fitness)? I have done nothing new in my setup, but all my players are dying.

#7 2016-04-03 08:37:24

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

nope, but at this time of year, there are many games being played, so naturally it hits stamina, it does to all of us..
stop training, rotate, rest, fitness and it will be ok again..

And you are playing a game every 2-3 days.. some logic needs to be applied in the game mate :)

.dreamdealer

#8 2016-04-03 22:28:27

Igor Kostovski

I have players losing 8 stamina that played 1 match a week....
Guys went from 99 stamina to 91 in 1 match.

Have my players always on  fitness training.
match preperation just 1 tick.
1 div match played.

So on average it will reduce for every training session +- 3 stamina and for the match about 3 also.
Match, 3 stamina loss
Fitness 2 or 3 stamina loss
Match preperation 2 or 3 stamina loss.

Sounds a bit much stamina loss as they do have fitness training to keep them fit.
Or players will recover faster/more when rested?

No clue if it's good or bad..

Last edited by Igor Kostovski (2016-04-03 22:39:07)

#9 2016-04-04 00:33:34

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

Igor,

If it's an older guy, yeah they lose more stamina when playing game because they are older. The idea is not to be able to play the 35+ years old players every game with high stamina..

.dreamdealer

#10 2016-04-04 06:35:22

Igor Kostovski

I don't have old players, :)
They are 20-24

#11 2016-04-04 07:06:11

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

Ok fair enough but you played 4 fixtures in the last 14 days ( two weeks ), so it makes perfect sense to lose stamina..

Also training "Match Preparation" will boost players development to a degree but it will also hurt them in stamina.
So if you have several sessions with match preparation, the gains will be great but stamina could be hurt badly.

.dreamdealer

#12 2016-04-29 15:18:53

Christopher Harrison

So.. I am not loving the new gaining system. The constant dropping and gaining of players is just annoying.
Also.. I have on more than one occasion seen just silly cases.
Players injured with bruised arm, bruised shin, drop almost 7-8% in skills during a 4 week injury. By a bruise. Now, I have played football for 35 years, and had my share of injuries, and sure, the fitness can take a punch, but I dare to say, my skills in passing a ball does not drop 8% due to some minor injury. Also I seams quite hard to get the player back to same standard (more than the injury time). Ok if it was a serious injury I could accept a drop in the mentioned standard.
Now the whole youth part. Getting a player that has gained to fast?? Then they drop 12-15% over night? How does that make a realistic game?
I am not loving it.

Liked by:

#13 2016-04-29 15:22:13

Christopher Harrison

And another thing.
Quality of youth...
Now I have put money in to the youth for many seasons.
Finland is by now a nation that shows some potential in Champions League and UEFA cup. Ranked 7th or so.
But the youth here is just crap. Crap with crap on top. Not one single player has come thru my system, that I could even use as a sub in games agains minor teams. How many years must go, before Finland gets youth that are even close to the quality of the league?

#14 2016-04-30 08:37:43

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

Christopher Harrison wrote:

And another thing.
Quality of youth...
Now I have put money in to the youth for many seasons.
Finland is by now a nation that shows some potential in Champions League and UEFA cup. Ranked 7th or so.
But the youth here is just crap. Crap with crap on top. Not one single player has come thru my system, that I could even use as a sub in games agains minor teams. How many years must go, before Finland gets youth that are even close to the quality of the league?

Problem in the game ( and has always been as this is not changed ) is that the league rating ( read quality ) is something dynamic, but in the game engine each nation has a preset quality indicator, so if Finland becomes Euro Champion in 5 consecutive years, and all uefa  and Cl winners and runner ups are just Finish teams, it will gain some improvement and generate better players but not anywhere near the originally great nations. That part is very rigid, not dynamic at all, and perhaps a good suggestion to change soon. The youth being generated could be based on league success (global rating/ranking) and perhaps even the manager could have something to do with this, so better level managers increase the quality of the youths being generate in those clubs with few percentages. Club level could be a factor as well..

Such functionality though, I'd rather make premium in the app version.

.dreamdealer

#15 2016-04-30 14:25:30

James Prentice

Berhan Karagoez wrote:

The youth being generated could be based on league success (global rating/ranking) and perhaps even the manager could have something to do with this, so better level managers increase the quality of the youths being generate in those clubs with few percentages

But this would benefit big clubs even more generally speaking and not really help out clubs in smaller leagues, surely any club should be able to produce great youths taking the game forward.  In real life Southampton are by no means world beaters but they constantly produce youth players, completely independent of the manager in place.

Personally I think that most updates seem to favour or help out the bigger clubs, which doesn't really offer an incentive to manage smaller clubs and might prove an obstacle to attract new players, which is something the game needs and would require to take it forwards.

#16 2016-04-30 14:49:45

Berhan Karagoez
ManagerSim Caretaker
Website

This will definitely benefit ANY clubs in "poorer" and lower rated countries.

Ok, it's like this, BIG club is rated say 92/100 (Torino), while country (Italy) is 82/100!!
Club rating is dynamic, based on the player material in club, read 16 best players average on a scale of 0-100!!
So Italy will produce about 82-92 players (at best) for Torino.

Blackburn Rovers are 88/100 and England is 77/100 rating. So your players will be about 77-88 skilled so maths suggest generally Torino will produce better youth players than Blackburn Rovers.

So my idea will take the England rating and make it more dynamic so it can increase or decrease, based on European cup success rate. So the more english teams do well in Europe, the higher the chance will be for an English team to produce a better player, just because being English.

The biggest teams/countries Leagues already produce the best youth.
Also with the foreign players generated, you can get a finish guy generated in Italy that will be better than those generated in Finland.

So about the incentive to smaller clubs.
Finland:
FC Jazz, 91/100, almost as great as Torino. Finland has a rating of 55/100 so it will be players 55-91, which most likely translates into (55+91)/2 = 146/2 = 73. So FC Jazz without any changes will NEVER produce any youths they can use in their first team as the best players are foreign ones.

With the change, the finish teams success will make the 55 rating of Finland perhaps go to say 80, then you have better chance to produce better youth players in Finland.

How does THAT not make any sense??
How does THAT benefit the bigger teams and NOT the small ones?

It would if the German, Italian, Spanish, French and English teams had a world rating of 100, then they would produce always great players (percentage wise, it is still random as always been).

Here one of my ideas was to make smaller teams (lower levels) produce the better players, to make it interesting with a market.
So say a county index of 70 would be added a 10 points then removed the club level. Lowest level clubs will get that base number to 70+10-1 (club level) = 79, so now they produce 9 points better players (still random, we are talking about the edges of a set of data).

The manager level thing would balance and most definitely benefit smaller clubs.

Ideally I would like to make the manager levels app only thing, where you can assign any gained level to a certain strength/trait of a manager, like:
A) tactician
B) economist
C) motivator
D) team builder
and so on, so if you are level 10 manager, you would be able to assign your 10 points as you wish for defining your managerial philosophy.. App only is closest to mind..

I hope this make is bit more logical/clear, still nothing decided, this is just brainstorming stage yet.

.dreamdealer

Board footer